With digital marketing changing at a shocking rate, it can be hard to keep up. At Edifice Automotive, it’s our job to help keep you informed about what’s trending in the automotive industry. We know how important it is for you to stay ahead of the competition as well, and we’ve put together some important strategies to keep an eye on in 2020.
Invest More in Digital Ads
With over 95% of car sales starting online, automotive dealers have a digital audience nearing 100%. That means it’s more important than ever to target the right audience, with the right content, at the right time.
Not sure if you’re getting the most out of your email marketing? Here are three expertly crafted email marketing examples that can help make a difference today.
With the advance of ultra-specific targeting on Facebook, Programmatic, and YouTube, dealers can be much more strategic with audience segmentation and messaging. What’s more, digital channels like these are much easier to track conversions than traditional marketing methods.
Continued Emphasis on ‘Micro-Moments’
What are ‘micro-moments’? It’s a Google concept defined as “an intent-rich moment when a person turns to act on a need - to know, go, do, or buy.”
Understanding these decision-making moments can significantly help to shape how you create and deliver content throughout the entire customer journey. Here are some examples of ‘micro-moments’ that car shoppers experience:
- Which car is best?
- Is it right for me?
- Can I afford it?
- Where should I buy it?
- Am I getting a deal?
These key marketing opportunities are happening everywhere - phones, tablets, smartwatches, and even some connected home devices. By incorporating strategies designed around this kind of thinking, you’re bound to see positive returns.
Embracing Voice Search
Adobe released survey data in July that found 48% of consumers are using voice for “general web searches.” This is sure to have an impact on SEO in various ways. Here are some things to keep in mind, according to Search Engine Land, as voice searches increase:
- Local information for your dealership should be easy to find and up-to-date online to meet increased search volume for local businesses with voice – using Google My Business will help.
- Structured data and schema markup provide more information about a brand and drive traffic. They help pages appear in rich snippets, which will increase the chances of being the first result delivered in voice searches.
- Google Voice prioritizes quick-loading websites - ensure images are optimized, response time is reduced, and the site is fully responsive.
- Content should be optimized with long-tail keywords that reflect popular queries used in voice search.
- Increasing domain authority will help with search rankings – this can be improved by including high-quality links.
Edifice Automotive Essential Takeaways
Much of what we do at Edifice Automotive is help dealers better understand how consumer behavior is changing, and more importantly, what they can do to take advantage of key strategies to acquire and retain customers.
Automotive dealers that can anticipate and stay ahead of the changes before they happen will surely reap the benefits in years to come.
Click the button below to connect with an Edifice Automotive expert!